The Tennessee Titans are ready to deal their high-value 1st round draft pick. Again.

A year after the Titans shipped off the #1 overall draft pick to the Los Angeles Rams, the Titans are saying they are willing to wheel and deal again.

“It’s got to be a two-way street, we’ve got to have somebody that wants to move up to that spot, but like I said last year, we’re open for business,” Titans general manager Jon Robinson said.

The Titans are in a very good position in this year’s draft. They own the 5th pick and the 18th pick in the 1st round, and they look ready to cash in on a good value deal once again.

“We’re not really in the driver’s seat in this draft,” Robinson said. “… You have those discussions potentially before the actual draft starts. ‘If this happens, or if that happens, would you consider doing this?’ So you at least have some framework in mind, so when you’re under the gun and you have to make a decision, you’ve been able to think through it a little bit.”

Robinson also spoke to Nashville’s Midday 180 about the Titans’ position.

“Ironically I did gaze around at that [Tuesday] to see if there were potential suitors,” Robinson said. “We’ll see how that kind of manifests itself. There are a couple across the way. I might get a couple extra steps on my step tracker thing and I might have to get in position to try to go make a deal.”

Tennessee won’t be in quite the powerful position that they were in 2016 when they occupied the #1 overall draft slot. Some of the draft’s very best players are expected to be gone in the 1st 4 picks, which also weakens Tennessee’s draft pick value and could also hinder interest from other teams.

Regardless, the Titans are open for business in the NFL draft and perhaps one team will make the leap.