Interested in starting your career in sports journalism? Want to get into the sports media industry? DiMoro Sports is a platform dedicated to providing a voice for those of you who are passionate about writing and/or talking about sports.
Writers who contribute to DiMoro Sports can earn the opportunity to move on to our other websites to cover the sports they love on a bigger and more established professional platform
Here are the requirements to join the DiMoro Sports writing team:
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Must possess a skill in writing and a knowledge of sports
- Must commit to 1 article per week at minimum
- Must pledge to post content based on analysis and opinion that is backed up by statistics and facts. DiMoro Sports wants to focus on the stats/facts to tell a story.
- Must possess a strong writing ability, attention to detail and demonstrate the ability to consistently produce thought provoking content supported by statistical information.
Our goal is to provide content that offers a point of view/analysis that is supported by statistics and factual information (stats, numbers, quotes).
How To Apply
To formally apply to DiMoro Sports, please do email us the following information
- Sample of Writing (500+ words): this can be work you have done in the past. If you do not have a any past work please write a 500+ word piece and send that to us (this can be in Word Doc form, email, etc).The writing piece must demonstrate the ability to tie in statistics to support information. Our website is looking for content based on statistics and facts, we want to see an example of your ability to compose articles in that manner.
- First & Last Name
- Must agree to produce 1-article (minimum) per week
- Link to your Twitter account
DiMoro Sports contributors are independent contractors and, once established, can monetize their content via ad banner programs.
Established DiMoro Sports writers can eventually move to Sports Rants should they choose to do so, there is also the option to write for both sites simultaneously.